Saturday 26 March 2011

Silja Magg 'Red' & 'Ponytail I'













These photographs are from two different sets of images by Silja Magg called 'Red' and 'Ponytail I'. I like the first set beacause the model really stands out from the natural environment for different reasons, she is wearing bright red clothes which stand out and contrast against the green background and she also looks completely out of place in a forest setting wearing those types of clothes, she looks really sophisticated. I feel this idea is relevant to my theme because I want the model to be posing in a natural location wearing dark/gothic style clothing to hint at the witch idea. I also like her slightly arkward poses - its like shes slightly uncomfortable, complimenting the contrast of her clothes to the location. I chose the second set of images because they remind me of freedom and look quite spiritual. The model looks ghostly because the images are blurred and she is posing in natural surroundings showing the sky and the water - this relates to the beliefs in the power of the elements that people who practice witchcraft/paganism have.

No comments:

Post a Comment